I am having intense rectal pain during my periods. Please help me. What are the causes?

Dr. Hugo Ribot
In brief: Endometriosis!
The classic "triad" of symptoms that can be associated with endometriosis include: - dysmenorrhea (painful uterine cramping) - dyspareunia (painful intercourse) - menstrual dyschezia (painful bowel movements worse during the period) i would strongly suggest you see a gynecologist with special expertise in laparoscopic excision of endometriosis.
This is the removal - not cauterization - of it.

In brief: Endometriosis!
Dr. Hugo Ribot
Dr. Hugo Ribot
Dr. Gerard Honore
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Endometriosis
Endometriosis may be the cause, but there are other possible reasons for rectal pain as well.
The fact that you say pain is worse during menses makes endometriosis more likely as a cause. Surgery is the only way to make this diagnosis for sure.

In brief: Endometriosis
Dr. Gerard Honore
Dr. Gerard Honore
Dr. Adam Levy