How to calm myself down during panic attack?

Dr. Arthur Hoffman

In brief: No magic

Rather than blow into paper bags or ''meditate''; please get quality exam & effective tx.
From a psychiatrist.

In brief: No magic

From a psychiatrist.
Dr. Arthur Hoffman
Dr. Arthur Hoffman
Dr. Philip Miller
think hypnotherapy and CBT
Dr. Susan Uhrich

In brief: Deep breathing

Exercises as soon as you realize it's coming on.
Going for a walk while you do the exercises should be helpful. But the real idea, is to stop having panic attacks! get the best treatment avaiilable, which is a combination of medication to prevent the attacks, such as serotonin agonists or very long acting benzodiazepines, and psychotherapy.

In brief: Deep breathing

Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Panic attacks

Effective way to block the attack is to perform breathing exercise.
I discussed the details of how to do these exercises & would be glad to forward details again if you request.

In brief: Panic attacks

Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali