If i had a cervical smear test and i had cervical cancer would the actual smear result written to me say a finding of cancer? Or something else.

Dr. Agos Luca
Pathology

In brief: Yes if diagnostic

First of all, the sample must be adequate.
Sometimes there are not enough cells or there is a lot of obscuring blood and debris and a definitive diagnosis is impossible. If adequate, the diagnosis could be benign (examples: normal, non-neoplastic, inflammatory) or malignant (ex: squamous cell carcinoma, adenocarcinoma, etc.). Also possible: atypical/premalignant (ex: atypical squamous cells).

In brief: Yes if diagnostic

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Local Problem

I think it is very difficult to answer these questions about the way your physician manages your health care.
This question should be directed to the physician who did the test and is responsible for communicating the results to you. In my practice, using email and the phones, no patient would be allowed to not know all they need to know about their results. I would ask your physician for better.

In brief: Local Problem

Dr. Adam Levy