How can interstitial cystitis be managed? Can it be the cause for reoccurring pyelonephritis? Any drugs for interstitial cystitis that can help?

Elm iron. Ic is a chronic inflammation in the "wall" (interstitium) of the bladder resulting in pain, frequency and blood in the urine. Reportedly more common in women, it is probably well under diagnosed in men. Best managed with dietary/lifestyle (hydration), there is only 1 medication approved by the fda - elmiron, (pentosan) to "fill the cracks" in the bladder lining. Intravesical (in the bladder) txs available.