Why are my arms/hands numb, tingling painful when i wake up? Lasts for hours. Even happens if i sleep in recliner. My sle or mechanical?

Dr. Jerome Zacks
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Merits evaluation.

Called paresthesias, these symptoms are often caused by nerve root impingement at the level of the cervical spine.
Ones doctor can take a careful history, perform an examination and, if that seems a possible cause, arrange for imaging of the cervical spine. Other causes are possible but less likely.

In brief: Merits evaluation.

Dr. Jerome Zacks
Dr. Jerome Zacks

In brief: See a neurologist

Any type of lingering numbness is a concern.
I would see a dr. Who will probably or should get you to a neurologists. Need a thorough history and exam.

In brief: See a neurologist

Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman

In brief: Most commonly,

e., nerve compression at wrist or elbow. If you have lupus, you would be more susceptible to peripheral nerve issues and best to have this evaluated by your physician.

In brief: Most commonly,