If someone has pernicious anemia would they have a low red blood count?

Yes. Macrocytic anemia due to low levels of B12 . If treated with injections of B12 the red count can return to normal.
YES. That is what anemia is lowred cells. In this case due to low vit b12.
Anemia-yes. Anemia means that your hemoglobin or red blood count is lower than the normal range. Yes. One, however , can have vit B12 deficiency without having anemia yet- and only presented with macrocytosis- or elevation in red blood cell size.