How do you tell your kids you were sterile, had infertility and had to use donor eggs?

Dr. Michael Opsahl
Fertility Medicine
In brief: No one answer
You should work with a professional to decide how to discuss your children's genetic basis.
Seek help early when the children are very young so that you can have the opportunity to gradually disclose as appropriate. Many psychologists are very helpful with this sensitive, delicate subject. If you do it correctly then you should have no problems. Get help :).

In brief: No one answer
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Michael Traub
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Several Ways
That is a delicate but common conversation.
Most couples/parent(s) will speak with a psychologist to determine the best time to disclose that information as well as what words and phrases and helpful and which ones can be confusing.

In brief: Several Ways
Dr. Michael Traub
Dr. Michael Traub
Dr. Linda Kondilis
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Disclosure
Great question and answers.
Research supports disclosure. You want to start your family building story at a young age. A lot of parents think about disclosing to teens, but we know being a teen is hard enough. I have some resources on my pinterest page, DrLindaATL. If you go to the ASRM.org website you can find a local psychologist to consult with.

In brief: Disclosure
Great question and answers.
Dr. Linda Kondilis
Dr. Linda Kondilis
Dr. Khurram Rehman
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Two more options
Dr opsahl gave an excellent answer. Most fertility clinics have a person or team who coordinates egg donation.
They may be able to put you in touch with a former patient who has succeeded with donor eggs, has been 'in your shoes' and is willing to talk to intended parents about some of their concerns about egg donation. Online support groups may help too. Best wishes.

In brief: Two more options
Dr. Khurram Rehman
Dr. Khurram Rehman
Dr. Cindy Juster