My dr said my urinalysis showed higher proteins. Neg for proturia and no multiple myloma. Why is he sending me to a hematologist? Ur pro 12. Alb 32.9

Dr. Agos Luca
Pathology

In brief: Proteinuria: >150 mg

Proteinuria (abnormally high level of protein in urine) is usually defined as more than 150 milligrams of protein in urine per day.
Proteinuria may be seen in a variety of diseases (diabetes, high blood pressure), many associated with kidney problems. Multiple myeloma is a form of blood and bone marrow cancer that can cause significant proteinuria. Urine protein electrophoresis may be necessary.

In brief: Proteinuria: >150 mg

Dr. Peter Kurzweil