Im confused l askd a question about my dr sayn my gallbladder workn at 29% 1 dr says remove it another sayn think twice. L need help lm.Lost?

Dr. John Fung
Surgery

In brief: Only 70% cured

The problem relying on gallbladder contraction (ejection fraction) as an indication for gallbladder removal is that there is no consensus or correlation between the ef% and response to cholecystectomy.
Cholecystectomy is associated with cure in about 70%, but there is a similar rate of improvement is also seen in patients that are treated medically. 30% have persistent symptoms after surgery.

In brief: Only 70% cured

Dr. John Fung
Dr. John Fung
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery