How can I cure my trichotillomania?

Dr. Alison Segal
General Practice
In brief: No cure
There is no "cure" per se.
But the treatment that is most effective for hair pulling is a very specific form of cognitive behavior therapy that helps people learn to get control over this maladaptive behavior. Once you are able to regain control over the behavior you feel successful and often see significant hair regrowth.

In brief: No cure
There is no "cure" per se.
Dr. Alison Segal
Dr. Alison Segal
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology
In brief: Psychiatrist
Don't yell at me - i'm not saying you're "crazy", because you are not.
If you had a stomach or nerve disorder you would go to a stomach or nerve specialist. When you have a compulsive disorder like trichotillomania, you go to a compulsion specialist, a psychiatrist, who will help you figure out why you are pulling your hair out, and suggest ways to help you stop doing it. Get the help you need.

In brief: Psychiatrist
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern