How accurate are transabdominal ultrasounds in diagnosing ovarian cancers?

No known stats. First, this is not the ultrasound usually done today, transvaginal is. This is done with a manual pelvic exam and ca-125 levels. Second, there has not been a prominent study that I have seen that determines the accuracy of diagnosis by this test. The most accurate way is probably surgery, where specimens can be taken and examined under a microscope to see if it is cancer.
No good screening. Transvaginal ultrasonography allows better visualization of the ovaries, not transabdominal. The sensitivity iis observer dependent and has ranged from 80-100% in studies of women with clinically detected ovarian cancer, and specificity that has ranged from 94-99%.For screening-in high risk of ovarian cancer, ultrasound has performed poorly in detecting early-stage epithelial ovarian cancer.