Hit by a ball on left side. Do you think I have a spleen injury?

Dr. Richard Orr
Surgery - Oncology

In brief: Probably not

Although I have seen one case of a ruptured spleen due to a thrown ball, it is very uncommon.
Still, if you have persistent pain in the left upper abdomen near the rib cage, see your doctor.

In brief: Probably not

Dr. Richard Orr
Dr. Richard Orr
Dr. Joseph Sucher
Surgery - Trauma

In brief: Possible Unsure

Just getting hit on the left-side doesn't necessarily mean that you will have a spleen injury.
The spleen is pretty well protected by being placed very deeply and surrounded by the rib cage. Most splenic injuries heal spontaneously. But if you have severe abdominal pain with dizziness or nausea with vomiting, or unrelenting pain, then you should seek expert medical attention in the er or by a surg.

In brief: Possible Unsure

Dr. Joseph Sucher
Dr. Joseph Sucher
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery