I was at ER tonight due to chest pain from ongoing virus. Ct scan and chest X-ray . Found small nodule in lung. Sent home w/ zpack? Now what do I do?

Dr. Mark Soberman
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: Follow up

You should finish the antibiotics.
Repeat the ct in 6-8 weeks. If nodule still present, you should be referred to a pulmonologist or thoracic surgeon for evaluation. Some nodules can be observed and some need to be removed.

In brief: Follow up

You should finish the antibiotics.
Dr. A. tarig Ahmed

In brief: Lung nodule

You should have close follow up for those pulmonary nodule.
It really depends on the size and how it looks like. Make sure you discuss this with your primary care provider.

In brief: Lung nodule

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Take abx and f/u

Take the antibiotic and follow up with your pmd.
Your pmd can repeat the ct scan in about few months or so. How big is the lung nodule? If it is more than 1 cm or so- a pet scan can be done to evaluate lung nodule . If you are a smoker- stop smoking.

In brief: Take abx and f/u

Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology