Can they use a rubber dam for a root canal?

Dr. Jake Richards
Dentistry

In brief: They should actually

Rubber dam isolates the tooth and prevents files, instruments, medicaments and disinfectants from going down the patients throat.
They also reduce the contamination risk by the patient by keeping the saliva out.

In brief: They should actually

Dr. Jake Richards
Dr. Jake Richards
Dr. Peter Kurzweil

In brief: What's that?

Doesn't sound good to me!

In brief: What's that?

Doesn't sound good to me!
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Howard Schneider
Obviously, you guys are not dentists. Rubber dams are used to isolate the teeth being treated in order to maintain a clean field and prevent saliva from contaminating the tooth being treated.
Dr. Howard Schneider
Dentistry - Pediatric

In brief: Must be used

Not only can they be used, but they must be used.
Not only does a rubber dam prevent any dental instruments and materials from falling into your mouth, it also prevents the tooth being treated from becoming contaminated with bacteria laden saliva. They are an absolute must for any successful root canal procedure.

In brief: Must be used

Dr. Howard Schneider
Dr. Howard Schneider