Can someone tell me what a normal progesterone level is for a non-pregnant woman?

Dr. Gerard Honore
Fertility Medicine
In brief: When?
Depends on when during her cycle it is measured.
Prior to ovulation levels are low, typically less than 1 to 2 ng/ml. Soon after ovulation levels will be greater than 2 ng/ml and up to 25, 30 or more. In the second half of the cycle (luteal phase) Progesterone is secreted in pulses and levels vary widely; i therefore think the idea of 'normal' doesn't help much.

In brief: When?
Dr. Gerard Honore
Dr. Gerard Honore
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Varies a lot
I agree with the other answers.
Progesterone (p4) is secreted after ovulation in pulses. We have several methods of measurement: mid-luteal (7-8d after ov: >= 10-15), pooled measurement (get 3 samples after ov on different days, mix blood and level >10 normal). Some use endometrial biopsy as substitute for blood test. All are imperfect and docs vary in their choice of test and normal values.

In brief: Varies a lot
I agree with the other answers.
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Bac Nguyen
In brief: How precise u want?
The levels vary considerably depending on your age, stage/time ofyour menstrual cycles, and whether you on the pills etc.
..Follow this link: http://en.Wikipedia.Org/wiki/progesterone#levels this provides an easy to read and interpret table/range for this incredible hormone. Have fun and good luck..

In brief: How precise u want?
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Jane Van Dis