Can overcorrection from radial keratotomy be treated by lasik?

Dr. Glenn Pomerance
Ophthalmology
In brief: Usually
Overcorrection by lasik results in far-sightedness, requiring spex for everything! if the cornea is otherwise healthy, reduction or reversal of the over-correction is possible with lasik but can also be done by prk (no flap).

In brief: Usually
Dr. Glenn Pomerance
Dr. Glenn Pomerance
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology
In brief: Possibly
Lasik, and prk are both methods that may be used to treat over-correction from rk.
That does not mean that every rk patient can take advantage of these treatments. Have an evaluation with a lasik surgeon to see what can work for you. Depending on your age, you may also be able to take advantage of a lens-based procedure.

In brief: Possibly
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery
In brief: PRK
I do not recommend lasik after rk surgery because of an increased risk of complications.
You can consider prk or surface laser though.

In brief: PRK
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley