Can I pop a pinguecula?

Dr. Ester Kwok
In brief: No
A pinguecula is a fibrous overgrowth on the surface of the eyeball, in the whites of the eyeball.
You do not want to scratch the eyeball. Perhaps you don't mean a pinguela, but a rather you mean a stye or chalazion which are infections or pimples occurring in the eyelid. Those are treated with warm compresses and antibiotics.

In brief: No
Dr. Ester Kwok
Dr. Ester Kwok
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology
In brief: No popping
Pingueclua are a normal response to wind, dust and uv light.
They are the eyes defense in the middle years to these external forces. They have no symptoms and are usually unnoticed. They are solid, have no contents and cannot be popped. Any attempt to do so I would imagine would be quite painful and also useless.

In brief: No popping
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Michael Ham
Ophthalmology
In brief: Pinguecula
No, a pinguecula, which is a deposit/build up on the white part of the eye (sclera) due to uv light and dryness of the eyes.
You can use artificial tears, and use a cap and/or sunglasses when outdoors. If it gets large, constantly irritated (red), or grows over the cornea, you may need medicated drops or surgery.

In brief: Pinguecula
Dr. Michael Ham
Dr. Michael Ham