6th pregnancy, leep procedure done a year ago, (cin3) 17mm depth was removed , will I have an incompetant cervix with 17mm being already removed? X

Dr. Wendy Askew

In brief: Probably not

Only a very small percentage of women who have had a leep will suffer an incompetent cervix after just one leep.
I recommend that you have a cervical length measurement with sonogram done at 14-16wks, if it is.

In brief: Probably not

Dr. Wendy Askew
Dr. Wendy Askew
Dr. Craig Keathley

In brief: Not necessarily

While risks may be increased, most patients that become pregnant after a leep procedure will carry normal pregnancies to term. Your physician may perform a cervical length measurement in the second trimester and consider Progesterone supplementation or possibly a cerclage if the cervix is significantly shortened to less than 20 or 25mm.

In brief: Not necessarily

Dr. Craig Keathley
Dr. Craig Keathley
Dr. Timothy Raichle

In brief: Not necessarily

It is not the depth that matters, but rather the total volume of cervix removed.
So if this was a very narrow leep specimen, then it is less of a concern than if it was a wide specimen to this depth. Nonetheless, given the depth of the leep, you probably need regular followup of your cervix. Given that you probably have not had a problem in the past, then your cervix isn't incompetent.

In brief: Not necessarily

Dr. Timothy Raichle
Dr. Timothy Raichle
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham