Boss has a beard. What is the point of being closet homosexual if girlfirend is heterosexual?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: Image

While society has become more accepting of homosexuality, there are large pockets of resistance and bad information about this lifestyle.
The use of a "beard" is to project a public image of heterosexuality. Thus ted hazzard, the homosexual preacher in colorado was married and had children before he was outed by his long term boyfriend.

In brief: Image

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger

In brief: I am confused by

Your question. Don't understand what you mean by "what is the point of being closet homosexual if girlfriend is heterosexual?" a man can have a beard whether openly homosexual, closeted homosexual, bisexual or heterosexual.
Are you making an assumption that your boss is homosexual. Sometimes we may misinterpret one's behaviors ; assume that they are homosexual or that they are heterosexual.

In brief: I am confused by

This may not apply to your situation, but I find that when I make assumptions I am sometimes wrong.
Dr. Vicken Poochikian