Can my hiatal hernia increase my chance of an ulcer?

No. No but having a hiatal hernia may increase your risk of reflux into esophagus and perhaps increase your risk of asthma and esophageal ca if not properly managed by lifestyle and treatment. Also one should check for h.Pylori infection with hiatal hernia to make sure that one is not at risk for ulcers from this cause. And finally one should not eat within 2 hours of sleep to decrease reflux risk.
No. Your are more likely to have pill induced ulcers where pills can get caught in a hiatal hernia, but your incidence of gastric and duodenal ulcer should be the same.
Maybe. Risk of peptic ulcer disease disease is not greater with a hiatal hernia, but large hernias, also known as paraesophageal hernias, are prone to ulcers known as cameron erosions. They are caused by the stomach twisting back and forth. Diagnosis can be made with an upper GI contrast study and endoscopy. Hope this helps!