Does my hiatal hernia increases my chances of dangerous sepsis?

No. It does increase your risk of esophageal cancer and aspiration of gastric (stomach) contents into your lungs; that said most people with a hiatal hernia don't get either of those problems. Sepsis, severe sepsis, and septic shock don't have a known statistical relationship to hiatal hernias.
No. A hiatal hernia is an enlargement of the normal opening in the diaphragm muscle that separates the chest cavity from the abdominal cavity, through which the esophagus passes. This hernia allows the stomach to slide up into the chest cavity, often leading to heartburn. This is sometimes used synonymously with the term gerd, but it is but one casue of reflux. It is not associated with sepsis.