Late period without having sexual intercourse ? Is that normal ? How many days could a period be late ? And could it be missed until the next month ?

Dr. Laura Wuarin

In brief: Several reasons.

The menstrual cycle can be delicate and inflenced by hormones, stress, other medical illnesses, weight loss.
If you are having unprotected intercourse and your partner is late, i recommend doing a pregnacy test. Infections can also cause menstrual cycle abnormalities. I recommend condoms for birth control as well as prevention of stds.

In brief: Several reasons.

Dr. Christina Adberg

In brief: Late periods

It's hard to say why, but sometimes we are just late for our period.
Even if it's never happened before, it could happen now. Things like medications, stress, travel, changes in your weight, can all cause a late period. I wouldn't worry yet. When you are more than 1 month late, see your gyn doc for a check up. S/he might order some hormone tests and maybe an ultrasound.

In brief: Late periods

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham