Im 33wks and a few days and ppl are askn me if I have to deliver by csection or regular. Is thy something I should kno by now?

David Miller

In brief: Talk with your doc

Unless you have some specific reason for a c-section, you should plan on a vaginal birth.
This is something that you and your OB doc should be talking about during your prenatal visits.

In brief: Talk with your doc

David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
Dr. Paul Williams

In brief: C section

Have you needed a c section in the past? If so - depending on a variety of factors you may qualify for a vbac (vaginal birth after c section) - ask your ob.
If you have never had a c section - that decision is up to you, your doctor and your baby. Size of the baby, position of the baby and how you are laboring all influence the need for a c section.

In brief: C section

Dr. Paul Williams
Dr. Paul Williams
Dr. Erin Robertson
General Practice

In brief: Not sure why they

would be asking you that unless you had a prior C-section.
If yes, you would be choosing to have a VBAC (vaginal birth after Cesarean) or a repeat C-cection. If you had a LTCS (low traverse) you can totally VBAC. If the incision was vertical (no one does that anymore) then you'd be stuck with a C-section. If the placenta was over cervix, or if you had active herpes breakout, C-section reasonable.

In brief: Not sure why they

Dr. Erin Robertson
Dr. Erin Robertson
Dr. Adam Levy