After accidentally inhaling soda ash, my noise and throat have had a raw, burning feeling. There has been some improvement..Should I be concerned?

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis

In brief: Soda ash is very…

Irritating to respiratory tract, skin, eyes.
If you haven't done so already, you should seek medical attention asap to prevent complications.

In brief: Soda ash is very…

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Paul Williams

In brief: Soda ash

Soda ash (also washing soda - or sodium carbonate is a mild alkali agent so it can cause local skin irritation especially to mucus membranes of the nose and mouth/throat.
It should be temporary. - drinking lots of water will help. For the nose you can try nasal irrigation - using a netti pot may help. Good luck.

In brief: Soda ash

Dr. Paul Williams
Dr. Paul Williams
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology