What can be done for sciatica?

Meds, gentle stretch. Sciatica is a descriptive name for inflammation of the sciatic nerve. Its roots come from the lower lear and sacral spinal nerves, forming a bundle on going through the buttocks to your leg. It's job is to give sensation to the leg. When it gets inflammed, there's few other things more painful or tough to treat. Typically, your doctor will give u a cocktail of meds, sometimes requiring steroids.
Sciatica. Antiinflammatories, heat application, rest, physical therapy and sometimes muscle relaxants to help with associated spasm. Usually time is best healer.
Spine Pain Options. This chronic pain in the distribution as you suggested is the result of an irritated nerve or facet joints or other injury typically in the lumbar spine (low back) which are caused by herniated disks, spinal stenosis or degenerative disc disease, etc requiring further evaluation by a spine specialist and may be candidate for facet injections/radiofrequency ablation and epidural steroid injection.