I have been diagnosed w MRSA in the wound. My md has been treating it with clindamycin and after 4 days the wound is still draining.?

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology
In brief: Give it time.
Infections seldom resolve in 4 days, especially mrsa.
Daily warm-water wet dressings may speed the process by increasing circulation to the site. If it's still draining in 7-10 days, or if it gets worse, you'll need to get back to your doctor.

In brief: Give it time.
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
In brief: Continue & follow up
Methicillin resistant staph is a very common organism now residing on the skin, in rectal area or in nostrils of many people where they are colonized and do not cause disease (over 50% of nursing home residents may have it).
When someone has an open wound or lowered immunity or some infection, it may be infected w mrsa. 4 days too short. Continue Clindamycin and follow up with the treating doc.

In brief: Continue & follow up
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Vicken Poochikian