My 11 month old was just stung by a hornet. There are no signs of allergy but he's really fussy now. ?

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology

In brief: Of course!

I get fussy when i get stung by those things too.
Clean the area with rubbing alcohol. Some say that applying meat tenderizer will neutralize the venom, but there's no real data, and it's probably too late for that anyway. He'll be fine - but if he shows any signs of allergy (like trouble breathing) call your doc or 911j.

In brief: Of course!

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Robert Stuart

In brief: Not surprising

What you want to watch for is development of rash, swelling other than a little at the site of the sting, especially around the mouth; or breathing difficulties.
The best treatment for now is to apply ice, it will minimize the spread and reaction of the venom. Keep an eye out for any swelling or redness that develops in a couple days--that usually indicates an infection. Hornets eat garbage.

In brief: Not surprising

Dr. Robert Stuart
Dr. Robert Stuart

In brief: Hornet Sting

Wash area w soap ; warm water. Apply ice in 10 min.
Increments (10 on/10 off). Watch for signs of infection or allergic rxn. Throat, airway, mouth swelling or difficulty breathing? Call 911!

In brief: Hornet Sting