Foam like bubbles around stool, reminds me of how dish soap looks after the dish soap has set for a while, cause for concern?

Dr. Ron Jones

In brief: Mucus

Probably mucus. If you do not have any symptoms, then i would not be too concerned.
However, if you have changes in bowel habits and feel poorly, you could have colitis. Have it checked if symptoms.

In brief: Mucus

Dr. Ron Jones
Dr. Ron Jones

In brief: Steatorrhea?

The presence of excess fat content in the stool is called steatorrhea.
The typical appearance of such a type of bowel movement is that of greasy or fatty looking oil layer floating on the water of the toilet bowl. Another view may be as you describe with bubbles coalescing about the stool itself. I don't think it's time yet to worry about things though getting an opinion from your doctor works.

In brief: Steatorrhea?

Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Dr. Charlene Sojico

In brief: You need to

Get yourself checked out by your doctor or GI specialist to rule out causes of foamy stools eg celiac disease, irritable bowels , food allergies or any malabsorption disease etc .
This is not normal

In brief: You need to

This is not normal
Dr. Charlene Sojico
Dr. Charlene Sojico
Dr. Keegan Duchicela