Is there a noninvasive procedure to check for thyroid cancer or problems?

Not really. Even a blood test requires a needle stick -- and the needle stick for a fine needle aspiration of the thyroid gland is even smaller! symptoms say a lot -- but confirmation requires some sort of "invasive" procedure. Smile -- it is not so painful or difficult to do.
Yes. There is blood test to check if there is any problems with thyroid first initially. Then there is ultrasound to see any abnormality before biopsy is done .
First, Thyroid. Cancer is not very common. It usually shows up with a a nodule in the thyroid. The steps to work that up are thyroid function tests: tsh, t3 (liothyronine). A nuclear medicine and ultraound scan, and finally a biopsy which is invasive. Most types are slow growing and curable. Anaplastic thyroid is the rarest, and the worst.