I have massive headache for 10 days from water intoxication. Can I make MRI now and how long time to detect a cerebral edema or other harms in MRI?

?reason for MRI? Were you already diagnosed as having water intoxication? Do you have abnormalities of electrolyte, such as sodium, dysfnctn, or kidney changes? Is this the first time you have had a headache? Has a doctor discussed possibility of migraine? Not clear to me that an MRI is either indicated or would be of value. Suggest you see a neurologist, as you might need lumbar puncture.