How can I slow down hair loss after bariatric surgery?

Dr. Joseph Kuhn
Bariatrics
In brief: Zinc, biotin, protei
Hair loss is temporary after gastric bypass.
It is due to nutrients being directed away from hair. You can decrease this effect by increasing nutrients like zinc, biotin, and protein. Many patients have also told me that Minoxidil solution (rogaine) for a few months can stop the hair loss.

In brief: Zinc, biotin, protei
Dr. Joseph Kuhn
Dr. Joseph Kuhn
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology
In brief: Hair loss is common.
...After any surgery, especially one that dramatically changes your nutritional intake; it's called "telogen effluvium." it's temporary, and the hair will grow back, but it might take awhile (weeks to months).
It's worrisome, i know; happened to me after an operation, and i knew what it was, and knew it would grow back, and it still freaked me out! but rest assured, it's a temporary thing.

In brief: Hair loss is common.
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. (Liz)Phuong Tran
In brief: Do not think so
I do not think any association with your hair loss after bariatric surgery.
Stress , hormone imbalance , change in shampoo can cause hair loss. You need to mention to your dortor to get evaluate.

In brief: Do not think so
Dr. (Liz)Phuong Tran
Dr. (Liz)Phuong Tran
Dr. Peter Kurzweil