Wht % that a type I diabetic mther and celiac father would have kid with one or both conditions?

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Unknown

There is no way to put a number on the chance of having one or both of these conditions.
Genetics definitely increase the risk but there is no guarantee that the child will get one, both or none of these ailments.

In brief: Unknown

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Ernest Fischer
Internal Medicine & Pediatrics

In brief: Roughly 5% and 20%

If a male has T1DM then there is a 5% chance a child will develop it.
If a primary relative has Celiac there is a 20% chance. These are population based and many other factors are at work, most unknown / unproven. While high on the population level the main thing to note is that it is MUCH MORE LIKELY that your child WILL NOT develop either. I would not recommend special precautions or testing.

In brief: Roughly 5% and 20%

Dr. Ernest Fischer
Dr. Ernest Fischer