Whether levofloxacin shud b used wid hzre for TB meningitis patients and for hw long? For chronic lacunar infarcts and hydrocephalus furosimide could be given or some other drug. Want a second opinion

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc

In brief: A mix up

You threw a lot of things in the same pot, so I am not sure i quite understand all what you said.
First, Levofloxacin is not used as a first or second line medication in the us for the treatment of tb. Lacunar infarcts are not normally treated with furosemide. Furosemide may potentially be used for hydrocephalus but that's not the treatment for that. It may be used symptomatically at times.

In brief: A mix up

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Eric Weisman