Laparoscopic dbl inguinal hernia surg. 4 1/2 mos r/testicle still real sore 2 weeks ago start groin/pubic feel little burning, sore & pain surg. Send pain spec injections is it to soon or bad to do ?

Dr. Donald Colantino

In brief: Inflammation

I feel your surgeon or a urologist should examine you as there may be epididymitis or other inflammation may be present and antibiotics may be needed.

In brief: Inflammation

Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. James Lin
Urology

In brief: May be, and may not.

The proposed injection by pain specialist is intended to diagnose and treat postoperative neuralgia.
As to right timing or not, that is up to your patience and coping. Generally speaking, it's no reason for not waiting longer as long as the pain is getting better slowly and surely day by day so we can observe when to reach optimal improvement, then decide the next option of care. So, ask experts.

In brief: May be, and may not.

Dr. James Lin
Dr. James Lin
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery