I had pap's test just before 15 days for vaginal infection.It came normal.No infectin..But still I am facing the same symptoms.Again need to do it?

Dr. Ron Eaker

In brief: No

The pap doesn't necessarily detect infections.
If you are still having symptoms, you need to get this checked by your doctor specifically looking for infection.

In brief: No

Dr. Ron Eaker
Dr. Ron Eaker
Dr. Robert Lutz
Candida Trichomonas Gardnerella and other STDs if indicated
Dr. Craig Keathley

In brief: Infection?

A pap test is not used for diagnosing infection, it is only for screening for cervical cancer.
Other tests can be done during a pelvic exam to test for vaginal or cervical infections including cultures and wet mounts (examining discharge under a microscope). Follow up with your doctor and discuss what specific tests are being done and what types of infection they find.

In brief: Infection?

Dr. Craig Keathley
Dr. Craig Keathley
Dr. Adam Levy