Is it ok that my 2 year old former preemie (2lb, 28 weeker) has not caught up on the growth charts yet? He is only 22lb & 30".Take to specialist?

Dr. Yash Khanna
In brief: Preemie weight heig
It is not unusual for premies to lag behind in weight and height, he started at 2 lbs and he is not doing too bad , term babies weigh average 25 lg at 2.
But discuss the growth chart and more imortant development as well.The baby should be in early intervention program as well.

In brief: Preemie weight heig
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
I meant discuss his growth and development with your pediatrician
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Pediatrics - Endocrinology
In brief: Depends
Your child's physician should be able to look at growth rate, weight gain to help make that call with you.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Dr. Jane Van Dis