I am 36/f I have type 2 diabetes on the pills i'm a smoker bout half pack a day I know I have this cough that i've been having for 4 or 5 mo is it se?

Dr. Yash Khanna
In brief: Cough in a smoker
You have type 2 diabetes and on meds, are you on ace inhibiters which are used for high blood pressure in diabetics for renal protection and can cause cough.
Smokind iyself can cause chronic cough and chronic bronchitis, but you should see your doctor as its been for 5 months and you want to know the cause and get treated.You should seriously stop smoking.

In brief: Cough in a smoker
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Melissa Young
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: Need exam
A chronic cough could be something benign like allergies, serious like emphysema, or deadly like cancer.
You need to be seen and examined.

In brief: Need exam
You need to be seen and examined.
Dr. Melissa Young
Dr. Melissa Young
Dr. Steven Seres