I played soccer yesterday and now my knee is swollen and sore. I did not injury it. Could I have fluid in my knee?

Dr. James Chen
Sports Medicine

If your knee is swollen then there is fluid in it.
If the knee feels fine and you can walk and go up/down stairs without any difficulty then it is likely an overuse injury. If you had to stop playing and it swelled large like a grapefruit and are limping around then there is likely a ligament injury and you should be evaluated by an md. Ice, compression, rest are good in the interim.

Dr. James Chen
Dr. James Chen
Dr. Shabbir Hossain

You could have some inflammation there and subsequently get some swelling.
I suggest you try some rice. R for rest. I for ice. C for compression like a knee wrap to keep the swelling down and e for elevation. Keeping the legs elevated will reduce swelling. Good luck. Hope you won!

Dr. Shabbir Hossain
Dr. Shabbir Hossain
Dr. Scott Beard
I is also for ibuprofen
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine