My 2 1/2 year old woke up with a stye in his eye. What, if anything, can I do to help?

Stye. Warm compressors for 10 min 3-4 times a day, eyelid shampoo with baby shampoo.
Warm compresses. A stye is a blocked oil gland in the eyelid, sort of like a pimple. The best treatment is warm compresses. You can use anything warm, such as a wash cloth soaked with warm water or a heating pad. Leave this in place for 20-30 minutes, although this can be difficult in a child. Try it while he is sleeping. After the warm compress, massage along the lid towards the eyelashes to help with drainage.
Not much. Its heartbreaking to see your child with any abnormality, and you want to do everything to relieve their problems. Unfortunately, there's not much you can do. Warm compresses are the only true treatment that may help, but try to do that on a 2 yr old! if it gets too large where it interferes with vision, the eye doctor may incise and drain it, to avoid amblyopia. See your ophthalmologist...