Sauna ok for a 7 month old?

Dr. Howard Gollup

In brief: No; is very unsafe

I would absolutely recommend against any infant or child being in a sauna or steam bath.
Infants cannot cool their body as you can, and can quickly become overheated and dehydrated. This could have serious and even permanent consequences. And most certainly an infant would find it extremely uncomfortable even for a short time--not at all the relaxing experience you might seek in a sauna.

In brief: No; is very unsafe

Dr. Howard Gollup
Dr. Howard Gollup

In brief: No

Infants this age can not regulate temperature with sweat glands as well as adults and they can become dehydrated and in danger of developing heat stroke.

In brief: No

Dr. Josephine Ruiz-Healy
Dr. Josephine Ruiz-Healy
Dr. Josephine Ruiz-Healy
You are welcome!
Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Sauna

No it is not.It can dehydrate the baby and it is not recommended.

In brief: Sauna

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Cindy Juster