Im 7 months pregnant, I have an itchy and runny nose and itching on my eyes I took Benadryl (diphenhydramine) but nothing works. What should I take?

Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Allergy pregnancy

Benadryl (diphenhydramine) is old antihitamine of 1st generation and is very effective, but it needs to be taken in doses of 25 to 50 mgm and needs to be repeated every 4 to 6 hours as it is short acting and in these doses it sedates the patient.
So if you tale in proper doses and frequency it may be more effective.

In brief: Allergy pregnancy

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Gregory Hines

In brief: Any antihistamine

Any antihistamine like Claritin or zyrtec should help your symptoms.
If one does not, often the others will, so the fact that Benadryl (diphenhydramine) does not mean that they would not.

In brief: Any antihistamine

Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Arnon Rubin