How long does it usually take for a doctor to provide test results? I was tested for an STD a month ago and the dr still has not returned my calls.

In brief: Ethical area

Your doctor is obligated to provide you the results of any tests in a timely manner, as I am sure you have been worrying about these.
Make front desk aware of your frustration, and provide a "red line" for a response over 2 or 3 days. Also, in most states, you are entitled to your test results, and even your total records.

In brief: Ethical area

In brief: Depend what test

But still usual to take a month it is too long , call again and make sure to take protective measures

In brief: Depend what test

Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: New doctor

I have most results back to patients within 48 hours.
I would recommend you get a new doctor. Demand immediate records release by fax. And then write to the medical board in maryland asking for an investigation of this doctor. It is outrageous to make a patient wait for lab results.

In brief: New doctor

Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Addagada Rao
DR Killian with respect I disagree with you , inappropriate , with out knowing all the facts , may be doctor may have a stroke , MI or some thing else , best way is to find the facts before taking the unusual methods you are suggesting .yes patient should have results
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham