I have migrane, get very sick.Premedicate inderal (propranolol) and then inj imigran.I read about risk of stroke or similar"?Is there any truth to that? Thanks.

Dr. Mary Callahan
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Migraine

There has been reports of an increased risk of heart attacks or strokes with the use of some migraine meds.
It is best to follow with your primary physician for monitoring of these meds.

In brief: Migraine

Dr. Mary Callahan
Dr. Mary Callahan
Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Migraine

I presume from your question you suffer from classical migrain and are have been on Inderal (propranolol) long term to reduce the episodes of migraine attacks.
There is no risk of stroke in classcal migraine.There are rare form of migraine, opthalmopligic migraine , familial hemiplegic migraine and rare type which requires urgent treatment, as it can cause paralysis and sometime just numbness.You do not have any of.

In brief: Migraine

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine