Are the effects of sleep deprivation reversible? What are the long-term effects to the body?

Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine

In brief: Q 4 SLEEP, PSY, NEUR

These are very important questions for people of all generations.
I am sharing this with sleep medicine and other physicians so that you (and the rest of us) can see their answers. As a psychologist (and physician), i also would like to hear from clinical psychologists on the site.

In brief: Q 4 SLEEP, PSY, NEUR

Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Howard Paul
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Sleep is important

Sleep deprivation is reversible, however, some of the injuries and other dangers caused by sleep deprivation may not be.
When we are sleep deprived, our brain does not work as well as when it has sufficient sleep. This can lead to accident and injury related to poor executive function, meaning bad decision making. Plan your life so that sufficient sleep is attainable.

In brief: Sleep is important

Dr. Howard Paul
Dr. Howard Paul