Can I be pregnant if I came on my period 6 days late?

Dr. Joel Pranikoff

In brief: Period=not pregnant

If you are truly having a period you are probably not pregnant.
If you were "late" it is possible that you did concieve and the pregnancy did not progress normally.Some women have bleeding early in a pregnancy for many reasons and can continue the pregnancy.See your gyn and he/she may want to check a blood pregnancy test.If it is positive the value can be followed over time to see if it is rising.

In brief: Period=not pregnant

Dr. Joel Pranikoff
Dr. Joel Pranikoff
Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: No.

You might have been are prenant, although most likely not.
Late periods are frequent, not rare. However, if you had a period, you have sloughed your uterus lining (endometrium), and the chances of being pregnant now are slim to none!

In brief: No.

Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham