My 2 yr. Old was nipped by a miniture hourse and the bite broke the skin. My daughter has never been vaccinated....Do I need to worry?

Dr. Michelle Longmire
Dermatology

In brief: Get medical care

In general animal bites that break skin require medical evaluation.
I recommend taking her to urgent care.

In brief: Get medical care

I recommend taking her to urgent care.
Dr. Michelle Longmire
Dr. Michelle Longmire
Dr. Marsha Davis

In brief: Maybe

Just clean it out well.
Be careful to watch for infection, the vaccination status does not matter in this case. Horsses do not carry tetanus, .

In brief: Maybe

Just clean it out well.
Dr. Marsha Davis
Dr. Marsha Davis
Any break in the skin can become contaminated with tetanus spores, especially in the environment where animals are kept.This kid is at risk.
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics - Pulmonology

In brief: Mgt

If the horse is otherwise well and not showing any signs of rabies, observation of the animal for any signs is indicated.
I would advise keeping the wound clean and a course of antibiotics. If the bite was provoked and the animal is well, the chance of rabies is quite small.

In brief: Mgt

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh