Can telangiectasia be also a symptoms of lupus not just scleroderma? I have 3 tiny red dots on the back of my hand scared of sclero- I have lupus. I am very pale so maybe its not even telangiectasia?

Dr. Ellen Turner
Dermatology

In brief: Highly unlikely.

The amount of telangiectasias in connective tissue disease such as scleroderma is usually significant and is located on more than just a dorsal hand.
The fact that you have 3 small dots (which may or may not be telang) indicate this is a highly unlikely possibility. Continue to follow with your rheumatologist at your regular visits.

In brief: Highly unlikely.

Dr. Ellen Turner
Dr. Ellen Turner
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Not an issue

Telangiectasia are not associated with lupus but with scleroderma or overlap syndromes.
However, it is likely that 3 small red dots are not scleroderma or telangiectasia especially if you have no other features of that disease.

In brief: Not an issue

Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology