What are the percentages that a type I diabetic and a celiac patient would have a child that has either celiac or type I or both conditions? My bf ha

Dr. Melissa Young
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Higher than average

If one parent has an autoimmune disorder, the likelihood that a child will develop some type of autoimmune disorder is higher than a child of someone without an ai disorder. They don't have to be the same disorders.
Having said that, type 1 dm is not inherited. You r more likely to inherit type 2 dm from a parent.

In brief: Higher than average

Dr. Melissa Young
Dr. Melissa Young
Dr. George Blum

In brief: No greater than othe

No genetic connection, would be the same as the general population with either disorder.

In brief: No greater than othe

Dr. George Blum
Dr. George Blum
Dr. Cindy Juster