Day 3 of my period, still soaking pads every 1-2 hours with lots of clots, some pretty big. Not normal for me. Should I go to the er?

Dr. Wayne Ingram

In brief: See an OB-GYN

Going to the E.
R. May or may not get a ob-gyn to come see you on consultation for this problem rather than an E.R. Md. If the bleeding is more than 3 pads/tampons in 30 minutes go to the E.R. As you are now hemorrhaging. If not, please make a visit to a ob-gyn md appointment..

In brief: See an OB-GYN

Going to the E.
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Kenneth Cheng

In brief: See your doctor/ER

Heavy abnormal vaginal bleeding should be evaluated by your gynecologist or the emergency department of your local hospital, especially if you have any lightheadedness, dizziness, weakness or fatigue.

In brief: See your doctor/ER

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine