Why do I experience pain in th muscles of my back when I wake up.Is that because my dr.Told me that I have fibromyalgia?

Dr. Chris Oh
In brief: Probably not
Back pain when you wake up is most likely related to stress to your back whlie sleeping.
This is common. Would recommended morning stretching and tylenol (acetaminophen) as needed. There are other inflammatory arthritis that can cause early morning stiffness and pains but other smaller joints would be affected as well. Fibromyalgia is generalized pain that is chronic, constant, often seen with trigger points.

In brief: Probably not
Dr. Chris Oh
Dr. Chris Oh
Dr. Robert Marvit
In brief: No
Being told you have fibromyalgia doesnt by itself cause pain.
Low back pain in the morning has many causes and fibromyalgia would not be at the top of the list.

In brief: No
Dr. Robert Marvit
Dr. Robert Marvit
Dr. James Marx
Pain Management
In brief: How's Your Mattress?
Poor support of your spine while your muscles relax during sleep will also cause those symptoms.
Try flipping your mattress if is sagging; if that doesn't work add some plywood between the mattress and box spring or put the mattress on the floor Proper support during sleep is critical.Find a good bed to try out that seems maybe too hard to see if that helps.If these efforts don't help see your doc

In brief: How's Your Mattress?
Dr. James Marx
Dr. James Marx
Dr. Laurence Badgley
General Practice
In brief: Muscle spasms
? why have back pain upon awakening in person with fibromyalgia (FM).
This symptom relates to FM cause, which is a multi-factorial soft tissue disorder of shoulder & pelvic girdles. As girdles meet ground force of sleep surface they are torqued; arousing compensatory soft tissue contractions & painful spasms. Soft mattress is recommended. Berth on space shuttle would resolve. GRAVITY RULES.

In brief: Muscle spasms
Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Adam Levy